Wednesday, June 17, 2015

2015 June 17 - Morning Manna

There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not: The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.
(Proverbs 30:18-19)

Today's Morsel: Solomon, who was the wisest man, seems to find himself like most of us wondering why certain things happen.  I have had people who have lost loved ones ask me why.  I really don't know why.  Certain things only God knows and I'm not Him and I don't try to play Him nor answer for Him.   Solomon said, "There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not: The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid."  He doesn't know what these things will do.  The eagle may dive or keep soaring, the serpent may bite, the ship may sink, or the man may misuse the maid.  Even his father David wrote,  "LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me" (Psalms 131:1).  I guess the best thing we can do is just trust God and know that He works all things for our good according to His perfect will.

Sing: Wonderful! Wonderful! Jesus is to me. Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God is He; saving me, keeping me, from all sin and shame; wonderful is my Redeemer, praise His name.

Thought for Today: God is not the author of confusion, He is the giver of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment