Tuesday, June 30, 2015

2015 June 30 - Morning Manna

" The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." (Psalms 23:1-6).

Today's Morsel: When I was stationed in Germany, I had this shepherd who came through my Petroleum Tank Farm that would ask me if it was okay if he allowed his sheep to graze around the tank farm, as the grass was always so green.  I always granted him permission. This shepherd knew where to lead his sheep for greener pastures. Jesus is the same way. He knows where to lead us to.  Maybe today you are a little discouraged and could use a little encouragement. What I would like you to do is go back through our scripture reading and read the 23rd Psalm, but this time everywhere you see an "I", "me", or "my"; insert your name. Read it through two or three times that way and see what a difference it will make to you.  Jesus wants you to know that He will never leave you nor forsake you.

" The LORD is ________ shepherd; ____ shall not want. He maketh ______to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth _____beside the still waters. He restoreth ______ soul: he leadeth _____ in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though _____walk through the valley of the shadow of death, ____will fear no evil: for thou art with ______; thy rod and thy staff they comfort _______ Thou preparest a table before ______ in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest _______ head with oil; _____ cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow _____ all the days of _____ life: and ____will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." (Psalms 23:1-6).


Sing: The Lord is my shepherd, He has everything that I need. He maketh me lie down in green pastures, and He leadeth me beside the quiet streams. I will not fear in the valley because He protects me from hidden enemies. He's my Comfort, my Provider, my Savior, and my Lord; He anoints me, and He leads me, and He cares for me forever, and ever, and ever amen!

Thought for Today: If you are feeling dry, God may be leading you to a better pasture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment