Wednesday, March 5, 2014

2014 March 5 - Morning Manna

How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me? (Psalms 13:1-2)
 
Today's Morsel:  When I was young living in the south, when people wanted directions, they didn't ask how far a place was, they would ask, "How long is it from here."  We hear people saying, "How long will we have to wait?" "How long before we get there?" "How long before they come?"  Even the children of Israel asked Moses how long they would have to eat manna.  There is that sense in all of us of wanting knowing when.  King David even ask the Lord, "How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?"  David felt that God had abandoned him.  I know that none of you ever feel that way.  David wanted relief from his enemies, but it wasn't forth coming.  And so his prayer was, Lord how long wilt thou forget me?  I don't think we should be concerned with how long it is taking God, I think we should learn to trust Him and walk by faith and not by our sight.  As the writer of Hebrews encourages us,  "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 10:35-11:1).  Remember, your ways aren't His; so hang in there, He's always on time.  Ask Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
 
Sing:  He's an on time God,yes is.  He's an on time God, yes He is.  He may not come when you want Him, but He'll be there right on time, He's an on time God, yes He is?

No comments:

Post a Comment