Friday, March 14, 2014

2014 March 14 - Morning Manna

Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.   (Psalms 118:28-29)
 
Today's Morsel:  The 118th Psalm is a very encouraging Psalm.  The others are too because many of them are songs to sing.  We are told to speak to ourselves in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in our hearts unto the Lord (Ephesians 5:19).  I like singing the word of God because it helps me remember scriptures and hide the word in my heart.  Why does God want His people to sing?  Because singing uplifts our spirit.  Singing spiritual song and quoting the psalms causes us to focus on Christ and not on self.  When our focus is on Christ, He keeps us in perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3).  Isaiah also said that He's given us a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness so that we would be trees of righteousness. (Isaiah 61:3)  The psalmist said, "Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever."  When we give thanks to God, it causes us to realize who is our God.  Maybe you aren't feeling like yourself today.  Maybe you are feeling a little under the weather, or a little dismayed.  Maybe you have lost your hope and joy.  Let me encourage you today.  Open your Bible to the book of psalms and read Psalm 118 a few times and see don't you feel better.  It will uplift you, because you are going to discover who your God is.
 
Sing:  Thou art my God, and I will praise thee. Thou art my God, I will exalt Thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good, for His mercy endureth for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment