Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2014 March 4 - Morning Manna

Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me. (Romans 16:7)
 
Today's Morsel:  When I became an Army Drill Instructor in 1973, one of the highlights for me was serving with men who had been my Drill Instructors when I enlisted in 1969.  I always felt so good serving beside them.  They had taught me well, and now they were able to see the fruit of their labor, and each time they saw me being recognized for proficiency, they would tell their soldiers, "If Drill Sergeant Parker can do it, you can too. " 
In Reading through the Apostle Paul's letter of salutation to the Romans, he makes mention of those who were his helpers.  In the 7th verse, he said, "Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me."  Can you think of anyone who was in the Lord before you, someone who has been a greater helper to you, taught you, opened your understanding to the scriptures, and has labored with you?  Do you send them cards, letters of thanks, and words of encouragement to them for their labor.  I know for me, every time I meet someone that may know someone that I know and may have served with them, I always tell them to please greet them for me.  When we can send word by others to those we have labored with in times past, their hearts are renewed knowing that you are continuing on in the faith. The writer of Hebrews tells us, "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works"(Hebrews 10:23-24).
 
Sing:   You're my brother your my sister, so take me by the hand, together we will work until He comes, there's no foe that can defeat us, when we're walking side by side, as long as there is love, we can stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment