Wednesday, March 19, 2014

2014 March 19 - Morning Manna

Then Moses heard the people weep throughout their families, every man in the door of his tent: and the anger of the LORD was kindled greatly; Moses also was displeased. And Moses said unto the LORD, Wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant? and wherefore have I not found favour in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people upon me? Have I conceived all this people? have I begotten them, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers? Whence should I have flesh to give unto all this people? for they weep unto me, saying, Give us flesh, that we may eat. I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me. And if thou deal thus with me, kill me, I pray thee, out of hand, if I have found favour in thy sight; and let me not see my wretchedness. (Numbers 11:10-15)
 
Today's Morsel: One of the things you have to learn in leadership is how to deal with stress and tiredness in your life as well as those you lead.   Sad to say, too many leaders do not know how to do this.  Jesus understood the stress in leadership, and so He told His disciples to come apart and rest awhile.  If someone were to ask you what your hobby is, what would you tell them?  A hobby is something that you like doing.  In many ways, your hobby can help you relieve the stress that is building up in your life.  Another way is to exercise.  Every leader needs to have an exercise program that helps them relieve the stress that they will face during the day, or it will build up in them.  When Moses heard the people weeping and crying, he asked the Lord, "Wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant? and wherefore have I not found favour in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people upon me?"  Moses was saying, God I can't believe You are doing me like this. (My paraphrase.)  When you are filled with stress, you want to cry in your own soup.  You have to get to the point that you don't let your followers burden you with their complaining. I always listen, and then I will ask them, "Have you talked to Jesus about it, or would you like some cheese to go along with that whine?"  You can be the most humblest leader, just as Moses was, but if you listen to too much complaining and don't have a method of release, it will wear you out.
 
Sing: Are you weary are you heavy hearted? Tell it Jesus, tell it to Jesus; Are you grieving over joys departed?  Tell it to Jesus alone.  
Tell it Jesus, tell it to Jesus, He is a friend that's well known; you have no other such a friend or brother, tell it to Jesus alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment