Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2014 March 11 - Morning Manna

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.   (Revelation 3:1-6)
 
 
Today's Morsel:  Some people look at the book of Revelation and fear.  While others look and are confused. But those of us who have been born again should see the book of Revelation as book of preparation for going home. We should see it as book with instruction and guidelines to encourage, to build up, and one that shows us what we are looking forward to.  Every time I read the book of Revelation, I come away with excitement when I think about being before the Lord for eternity.  Every so often, I like to go to the book of Revelation and take a closer look at those seven churches that John spoke of.  Out of the seven, two seem to have it together. Five were called to repentance.  The church Sardis was chastised of the Lord for having a name to live by, but they were dead.  How  could any church who has the name of Jesus be dead? What killed them?  If you never sing about Jesus, if you never teach about Jesus, if you never pray in Jesus name, if you never baptize people in Jesus name, and if you never preaching under the anointing of the Holy Ghost in Jesus name, your church is going to be dead.  Sardis was told to strengthen the things that they had remaining.  They had a few people who were still trying to hold it together but because they weren't doing anything in Jesus name, they too were ready to die.  I have seen so  many churches like this. T hey had a few older saints that have been there forever because that is the church they grew up in.  They can tell you of the good services that they used to have and how they had a mighty move of God in their services.  But then they say, we started to do  a lot of new things and we never hear about Jesus any more.  All the songs and messages are narcissism and humanism, and so we are just treading water.  Does this sound like your church?  Let me encourage you today, if you have the faith as a grain of a mustard seed, then "Add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."(2 Peter 1:5-8)  We all must strengthen those things we have remaining in us.  How's your faith today?  Always remember, God's not dead He's alive.
 
Sing: God's not dead, He is alive. My God's not dead, He is alive.  My God's not dead, He is alive, I feel Him and He's keeping me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment