Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2014 March 12 - Morning Manna

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
(Jeremiah 17:9-10)
 
Today's Morsel: Most people are shocked when they know someone who does wrong things.  Most of the time they will say, I would have never thought they would do such a thing.  But really, it was always in the person's heart, they had just never dealt with it at the altar to rid themselves of it.  Walking away from God, divorce, stealing, cheating, lying, etc, are things already in the heart of a person.  They just had to have the time to grew to fruition before they manifested themselves.  This is why we must deal with our hearts on a daily basis.  We must have a daily intake of God's word, and apply it's teaching to our lives, as that is the only way a man's heart is cleansed ( Psalms 119:9). The Lord told Jeremiah, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"  You may not know your heart, but I promise you, if you keep reading and studying God's word, praying and worshipping Him, He will reveal it to you, and you will be able to see it and know it clearly.  
 
 
Sing: Create in me a clean heart, O' God. And renew a right spirit within me.  Create in me a clean heart, O' God. And renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away, from Thy presence, O' God; take not Thy Holy Spirit from me, restore unto me the joy of Thy Salvation, and renew a right spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment