Saturday, March 15, 2014

2014 March 15 - Morning Manna

If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?
(Jeremiah 12:5)
 
Today's Morsel: With the hustle and bustle of life these days, it seems hard for some to keep pace.  As we press towards that mark, many are beginning to fall by the wayside.  Many are starting to lose steam up that rugged hill.  It has been stated that the hardest part of climbing any mountain is the summit.  Why does it seem that we tire as we get closer to the top or closer to crossing the finishing line?   The children of Israel quit right at the finish line.  What will it take for us to get that other spirit that Caleb had?  The Lord spoke of Caleb, that he had another spirit. "But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it."(Numbers 14:24).   For some reason, Caleb, did not tire doing what the Lord, Moses, and Joshua had asked of him to do.  Scripture says, "Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the LORD said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadeshbarnea. Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart. Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God. And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God. And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old. As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in. Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said. And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance."(Joshua 14:6-13)  At 85 years old and he was still able.  A man with tenacity, determination and commitment.  What a man.  No quitting in him.  What about you?  Will you be able to say as Caleb, "Give me my mountain?"  Jeremiah asked, "If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?" Remember, when you are tired, it's just weakness leaving the body.  Get into the Lord's gym and press through the pages of His word and worship Him and He will give you the strength to carry on.
 
Sing: He gives strength to me, as I worship Him, as my heart, is filled with praise. Jesus breaks the band, as I raise my hands, He gives glorious victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment