Thursday, March 13, 2014

2014 March 13 - Morning Manna

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. (John 14:1-4)
 
Today's Morsel:  Reading in the paper a few weeks ago, it said that there is a new disease called "SAD".  That now stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder.  I thought to myself, WHAT?   They said because it has been so cold this winter, many people have not been able to get out of their houses and do things. And so they are becoming negatively affected by having to remain inside and are depressed.  But the article went on to say that it can affect people in the spring and fall, too.  Now I know this is a trick of the devil if people are depressed in the spring and summer.  Man, I'm smelling the roses and drowning some worms during those two seasons.  There isn't going to be any depression here.  I don't know about you, but as for me and my house, we are going outside in all seasons.  People go to the beach and pool to swim and get wet, and then stay inside when it rains.  Get your umbrella out and get outside and get wet and enjoy what God has provided. Don't stay inside and mope because of the snow.  Make a snow man.  I like shoveling the snow and even eating some of it, as long as it isn't yellow.  I like standing outside in the cold for a while. It helps you get rid of the impurities in your body.  For me, I'm affected by every season.  Winter, I rejoice.  Summer, I rejoice.  Spring, I rejoice.  And yes, Fall, I rejoice.  Do you know why?  Because scripture says, "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."(Psalms 118:24)  Seasons come and season go, but the word of the Lord is forever.  And He tells me to rejoice for evermore.
 
Sing:  This is the day! This is the day! That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it, and be glad in it. This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it, this is the day, this is the day, that the Lord hath made.

No comments:

Post a Comment