Saturday, November 9, 2013

2013 November 9 - Morning Manna

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. (Psalms 27:13-14)
 
Today's Morsel: I am sure most of you have told your children to wait when they are nagging you for something.  And your parents probably told you the same thing when you were younger.  I often wonder how much of the weight people are carrying is because they couldn't or wouldn't wait.  I have counseled with many people about waiting to marry or waiting to buy things, but they wouldn't and in many cases they are carrying the weights of their decision.  David said, "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living."  David had learned the importance of waiting on God. Maybe Samuel had shared with him about what had happen to King Saul, because he didn't wait for him to come and do the sacrifices.  David was aware that God would come through for him and so he encourages us, "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."
 
Sing:  They that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint, teach me Lord, teach me Lord, to wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment