Thursday, November 7, 2013

2013 November 7 - Morning Manna

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin" (Romans 6:1-7)
Today's Morsel:Every day I walk into my office and look at all the artifacts on my wall. One certificate always catches my eye, and that is my baptism certificate. It is a reminder to me of that wonderful day in Wiesbaden, Germany, when I buried my sins in that watery grave in the name of Jesus. That was 28 years ago, and I have had nothing but blessings, peace, and joy of the Lord flowing my way and in my life ever since. The apostle Paul lets us know that when we were baptized into Jesus Christ, we were baptized into His death. Therefore, sin should no long control over us and our life because we buried the old man and now Jesus should be the head of our life. Do you rememember the day you were baptized and who did it? If you don't, it probably wasn't done in the name of Jesus. Scripture says that He will write His name upon us and it shall be in our forehead.
"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name" (Revelation 3:12). "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Revelation 22:3-4).
Sing: I've got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible said. I've got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible said. Well, I've been to the water and I've been baptized in Jesus name, my soul got happy, and I'm so satisfied; I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now, just like the Bible, just like the Bible, just like the Bible said.

No comments:

Post a Comment