Friday, November 15, 2013

2013 November 15 - Morning Manna


Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
(Ephesians 6:10-18)
Today's Morsel:I often find myself studying this passage of scripture studying over and over again. I think God wants me to know that as a soldier, I cannot take things too lightly. He wants me to know that I need to be prepared because the enemy of my soul walketh about seeking who he may devour. And so I find myself proving and ensuring that I have all my armor. I know that just missing one piece or not having an understanding of how to use a piece of it can get me killed. As my instructors used to tell me in the Army, "Minor details will make you or break you." In other words, it's the small things which are overlooked that can get you killed. So how is your breast plate of righteousness today? Or should I ask, how is your character? What about your shield of faith? Or should I say, your commitment? What about your sword of the Spirit? Or should I say, your obedience to God's Word? Do you know where your Bible is? Some people have downloaded their Bible to their social media networkings, but I often wonder how much reading and studying is actually done from them. To endure hardness as a good soldier is not only being able to endure the elements, it's being able to know and also how to use the equipment issued to you for warfare.
Sing: I'm a soldier in God's army, and I'm marching, I'm claiming victory, I will not give up, I will not turn around, I'm a soldier marching heaven bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment