Monday, November 25, 2013

2013 November 25 - Morning Manna

My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise. Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations. For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth. (Psalms 57:7-11)
Today's Morsel:Commitment and sustainability are two things that every Christian must have in their lives. We have to be committed to make it to the other side. In order for us to do that, we must intake enough spiritual Word to sustain us during times of spiritual drought. The angel told Elijah that he must eat and drink because his journey was too great for him ( 1 Kings 19:1-7). We need to have manna from heaven and the living water from that spiritual well, so that we do not grow weary in well doing and what God is asking of us to do. The psalmist said his heart was fixed and that he would sing and give praise. He had made up his mind to stay committed. He knew that in order to do that, he had to wake up early and begin his day with singing and giving praise to God. I promise you, if you follow the psalmist's example, you too will see how easy it is to serve God and to continue on in adversity. Remember, God has given you everything you need to endure unto the end, but it is up to each of us to use it.
Sing: Be exalted O' God, among the heaven, let Thy glory be over all the earth. Be exalted O' God, among the heaven, and let Thy Glory; let Thy Glory, let Thy Glory be over all the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment