Saturday, November 16, 2013

2013 November 16 - Morning Manna

Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein. (Hosea 14:9)
Today's Morsel: There for a while, each Sunday when we would be coming home from church we would always get behind this truck with a bumper sticker that said, "You can't fix stupid." Meaning you may be wasting your time trying to correct someone that isn't getting it, or who doesn't want to know what you are trying to show them. Solomon said, "Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" (Proverbs 9:9-10). Shouldn't a person who says that they are born again and are a Christian have wisdom, knowledge, and understanding? Shouldn't they know how to act, live, dress, and conduct themselves? Shouldn't they know that all the ways of the Lord are right? I don't know about you, but since I became a doer of the Word, my life has been so much simpler. If you want to be perfect, then you have to be willing to receive instruction and walk in the right path. "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls..." (Jeremiah 6:16).
Sing: Unto Thee O' Lord do I lift up my soul; Unto Thee O' Lord do I lift up my soul; O' my God, I trust in Thee, let me not be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me.
Show me Thy way, Lord teach me Thy path; Show me Thy way, Lord teach me Thy path; O' my God, I trust in Thee, let me not be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment