Saturday, April 29, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Apr 29

Better Things

“But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.” (Hebrews 6:9)

Today’s Morsel: Have you ever stopped to take inventory of the many things that came with your salvation?  Some folks are still struggling in their walk with God because they have yet to figure out who they are, and what things that He has provided for them. Paul states: “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9) Notice, God has revealed them to us by His Spirit. If you have the Holy Ghost, and have been born-again, then you ought to know the things which came with your salvation, and how you ought to be conducting your life. Foolishness, misconduct, and even immorality, should not even be once named among you. Your life ought to be exciting to look upon. You ought to be that bright and morning star because you know who He is and whose you are in Him, and what He has promised you. Listen to Isaiah: “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:28-31); “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.” (Isaiah 43:10-12) Now listen to Paul, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1) Think about that for a moment. And Jesus encourages us by telling us: “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” (Luke 12:32) If any one ought to be excited about Jesus and what He has done for them, it ought to be us who profess Him as Lord and Master. But, beloved, we are persuaded of better things of you.

Sing: He is my everything, He is my all. He is my everything both great and small. He gave His life for me, made everything new. He is my everything, O’ how about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment