Thursday, April 13, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 April 13

Spiritually Dead

“And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:1-9)

Today’s Morsel: I thank God for saving me because I was spiritually dead. I thought I had knowledge of God, but I really didn’t. I was dead in my trespasses and sin. Yes, I went to church, but I was dead. Yes, I sat on the pews, sang the songs, but I was spiritually dead. I had heard of Christ, but I didn’t know Christ. I had heard about heaven, but I didn’t know what road to get on nor the requirements of how to get there. I had heard about love, but I didn’t know how to love nor how to share the love. I was spiritually dead. I had heard the Ten Commandments, but I did know how they applied to my life. I had heard about giving, but I thought George Washington was sufficient.  I was spiritually dead.  But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved me, even when I was dead in sins, quickened me together with Christ. And now that I have understanding through this born-again experience, I am no longer dead. I am now alive forever more.

Sing: Satan had already picked out my grave, his plan was to foil and put me away. I'd drifted so far; would anyone care that I'd soon be lost. I knew my destruction was a matter of time, but Jesus appeared and said this one is mine. Now I'm safe with no harm for he walked through the storm when he was looking for me.

He came looking for me, He came looking for me. He made a way when there was no way that I could see. When I drifted so far Jesus was near, to rescue my soul and calms all my fears. Now I'm safe from all harm, since I met the One who came looking for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment