Saturday, April 15, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 April 15

Sunshine In the Shadows

“For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.” (Psalms 84:11)

Today’s Morsel: One of the things I have always enjoyed about flying is that once you get above the clouds, the sun is always shining. Down below it can be dark, cloudy, and without sunlight, yet once you break through those clouds the sun is shining bright. And because I have seen this many times in my life, I have come to realize that no matter how dark and dreadful my situation and circumstances may seem, the Son is always shining above me. God won’t forsake me even in times of darkness. He is that great light. And the same is true for you.  As the psalmist says: “If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.” (Psalms 139:11-12) Right now, your situation and circumstances may seem dark, and you just can’t seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Let me encourage you today. Look up, the light is always above you.  I want you to know that God’s light is still shining above you. Just lift your eyes toward heaven and call out to Him, and His light will shine down on you.

Sing: There is sunshine in the shadow; there is sunshine in the rain; there is sunshine in our sorrow when our hearts are filled with pain. There is sunshine when we’re burdened; there is sunshine when we pray; there is sunshine, heavenly sunshine, blessed sunshine all the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment