Saturday, April 22, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 April 22

You’re One in A Million

“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.” (1 Timothy 1:12-13)

Today’s Morsel: Just think, out of all the people in the world, God chose you to lead His people, share His truth, maybe saved you from anxiety, depression, stress, drugs, alcohol, an abusive situation, and even death. You, yes, you. Out of all the people in the world, God chose you. You are one in a million that He has made free. Reading Paul’s autobiography, who would have thought God would have saved him? I’m sure most of the people in the church during that time may have been praying for God to take him out. But in a way, God did take him out. He took him out of the world and put him in the church. Isn’t that what the gospel is for? To bring men out of darkness into the marvelous light? Jesus said: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” (Luke 4:18-19); “For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them...” (Luke 9:56) Paul said that he was thankful that Jesus counted him faithful, putting him into the ministry; who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but that he obtained mercy, because he had done it ignorantly in unbelief.  People in the world do the things that they do because they are ignorant of God and His ways. But once they have an understanding, and receive their calling, they too become one in a million that are made free. Are you thankful that you were one in a million? Are you happy for your freedom? I sure am.

Sing: Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorrow I felt, but Jesus came and listened to me, and glory to God, He set me free.

He set me free, yes, He set me free. He broke the bars of prison for me, I’m glory bound my Jesus to see.  Glory to God, He set me free.


No comments:

Post a Comment