Monday, April 10, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 April 10

Healing For the Whole World

“And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.” (Matthew 9:35)

Today’s Morsel:  Some folks today wrestle with the scripture when it comes to healing. Some may even question healing. Some will ask, why didn’t God heal me, my mother or father, or my child? No one can answer that question. God doesn’t reveal to us why He does what He does. We must walk by faith and wait upon Him to do what He will do.  I think that Paul tries to help us get a grip on this when he wrote of his lack of healing: “And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:7-10); “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28). Isaiah tells us: “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:5) And Matthew said that he healed every sickness and every disease among the people. Is healing more important than a relationship with Christ? Is healing more important than eternal life? I often ask myself, is my pain, sickness, and suffering because I have quoted as Paul: “That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;” (Philippians 3:10)? For me, I have made up my mind whether healed or not, I know as John stated: “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” (Revelation 21:4) If there is no healing here, it will be there.

Sing: There’ll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear, no more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there. And forever I will be, with the One who died for me; What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see, When I look upon His face, The One who saved me by His grace.  When He takes me by the hand and leads me through the Promised Land.  What a day, glorious day that will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment