Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 April 18

Don’t Postpone Joy

“As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.” (John 15:9-11)

Today’s Morsel: My wife has many sets of china that were either gifted to her or some that we purchased during our military stay overseas. And she likes using them often. Especially when we have guests. She even breaks it out and uses it when our grandkids are dining with us. She often says, “Why buy it if you aren’t going to use it.” She gets joy by using it to serve others with it. She sees this as an opportunity to share joy. I never know what dishes we may be eating dinner on if she is setting the table.  We ought not to postpone our joy. Paul states: “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10) Is your joy being postponed because you are not doing good for and to others? Isaiah states that we can even draw waters out of the wells of salvation with our joy.  Don’t postpone your joy. Use the things that you have and bring joy to others. And you will see that it will bring joy to you as well.  Do something today to bring joy to someone else.

Sing: I get joy when I think about what He’s done for me. I get joy when I think about what He’s done for me. I get joy when I think about what He’s done for me. I get joy, joy, joy, joy!


1 comment: