Monday, January 30, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Jan 30

 Wake Up

“Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.” (Joel 3:9-10)

Today’s Morsel: If ever there has been a time to awaken out of sleep it is now.  Satan knows that his time is limited and that he must do everything that he can in his power to destroy the faith of saints. Many people have already fallen into his trap and walked away. Since the outbreak of Covid-19, many who said that they were born-again have yet to return to the church. Many, like Demas, have returned to the world. Some churches have yet to re-open their doors again due to disinterested saints. Many churches have no children in Sunday school. The elderly can’t seem to find the energy to make it back. Youth have lost interest and laborers are few.  Divorce in the church is becoming as high as in the world. Churches are allowing smoke machines and strobe lights to enhance the effects and looks of speakers and actors on platforms. Altar areas resemble dance floors in the discotheques of the ’70s and ’80s. It’s time to wake up. “How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet? For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.” (Jeremiah 4:21-22 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee…(Hosea 4:6). The church must wake up. If not, we are going to be destroyed. Paul asked the church at Galatia: “O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?” (Galatians 3:1-3) Have you bewitched yourself into thinking that church and living holy and righteous isn’t real? Don’t let it be said of you that we have met the enemy and it is us!

 

Sing: I come to the Garden alone while the dew is still on the roses, and the voice I hear falling on my ear the Son of God discloses. And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own, and the joy we share as we tarry there, none other, has ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment