Friday, January 27, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Jan 27

 The Whole Duty of Man

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.” (Ecclesiastes 12:13)

 

Today’s Morsel: As a Senior Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) in the army, I quickly learned that I had many duties. And every one of them was important to life sustainability for me and my family, as well as to those of my soldiers and their families. When we understand our duty and do it, it makes life so much easier for everyone. Solomon said that the whole duty of man was to fear God and to keep His commandments. To fear God is to respect Him, to serve Him, and to know Him. Micah states that we must do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly before Him. To keep His commandments is to love God with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. We must be controlled by the laws of love. This is the whole duty of man. It’s not only a lifesaving measure for you and your family, but also for others. Are you performing your duty?

Sing: Worthy! Lord, You are worthy, Precious! You’re precious to me.  Lord, I give all to Thee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment