Saturday, January 7, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Jan 7

 If You Aren’t Going to Go All the Way, Why Go at All?

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. (Hebrews 10:35-39)

 

Today’s Morsel: Do you ever consider what makes people stop serving God and go back to their old way of life? Well, it’s nothing new. Paul informed Timothy that Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica (2 Timothy 4:10). Scripture also informs us that even Jesus had disciples leave Him: “And he said, therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. Jesus answered them, have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?” (John 6:65-70) If we aren’t going to go all the way, then why go at all? We must not be of them that draw back to perdition. Hell offers us nothing good. Hebrews chapter 11 gives us an in-depth look at men and women who were willing to go all the way. They were in it and committed even if it cost them their lives. Paul told the church at Philippi: “Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.” (Philippians 3:12-15) If you plan to be saved and live in eternity with Christ, then you must be committed and willing to go all the way to the end.


 Sing: I’ve got a made-up mind. I’ve got a final destination, I’m going to keep on pressing on to my final destination.  I’m going to burn all the bridges behind me, break all the ties that bind me. I’m going to keep pressing on till I reach that home sweet home, that New Jerusalem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment