Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Jan 24

 Do You Know Whose Temple Ye Are?

“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

Today’s Morsel: One of the changes that the Holy Ghost brings into life is that of a New Temple. The old temple, (flesh) must now become subservient to the Spiritual Temple (Spirit). Paul states that we are the temple of the Holy Ghost. And because the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of Christ, we must now live holy and set apart unto God. You must now have the self-discipline to control and watch what you allow to enter. In the same way that Jesus cast out and overturned those things which were forbidden to be done in the temple (John 2:14-16), we too must control and rid ourselves of anything that would defile our temple As Solomon said: He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.” (Proverbs 25:28) Remembering what Paul wrote: “And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 6:16-7:1); we must now reflect the One Who is inside of us.  Whose temple are you?  I pray you are the temple of The Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ.  

 

Sing: I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life. I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life. I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life.  Oh, what a change in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment