Saturday, January 14, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Jan 14

 Hearing Loss

“Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.” (Revelation 2:1-7)

Today’s Morsel: Lately, I hear a lot of folks stating that they are losing their hearing. I even get ads in the mail offering me discounts on hearing aids. I know that I have some hearing loss, but I don’t think that I’m at the point of needing hearing aids yet. I think that a lot of hearing loss in the church is due to the excessive loud volumes. Loudness doesn’t mean that music and the message sounds better, nor does it mean that it needs to be loud because people can’t hear. Jesus says to all seven churches in the book of Revelation, “He that hath an ear to hear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the church.” Do you hear what Jesus is saying to you or are your ears dull? Are you able to discern between His voice and Satan? The Lord informed the Prophet Jeremiah to speak to the people and for them to ask where the old path and good way was and to walk therein and that then they would find rest unto their soul. But the people said that they would not walk therein. He told the Prophet Isaiah to speak to the people, and that with stammering lips and another tongue would He speak to his people, that this was the rest which would cause the weary to rest, and that it was the refreshing, but they would not hear. God wants us to hear what He is saying to His church through His Word and His ministers. But if we are not listening and obeying, and if we cannot hear, then the devil wins every time.

Sing: Hold the Fort for I am coming Jesus whispers still; raise the banner back toward heaven, by Thy Grace we will.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment