Friday, January 6, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Jan 6

 Impediments

“And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (2 Corinthians 12:7-9) 

Today’s Morsel: If you have ever played flag football, then you know that one of the rules or fouls of the game is that of ‘impeding the runner’. It’s when the defender gets in front of a runner with the ball to pull their flag. It’s a fifteen-yard penalty. Sometimes our impediments such as obstacles, hurdles, obstructions, and drawbacks in life, just might be the very things that we need in life to help develop us, build our faith, and strengthen us more in Christ. Paul said that he sought the Lord three times to remove a thorn from his flesh, but was told by God that His grace was sufficient for him and that His strength was made perfect in weakness.  When Paul was told this, he did not complain but concluded that if God wasn’t going to remove it from him, then he was going to rejoice in it so that the power of God would rest upon him, and he would be more faithful and stronger.  Let me encourage you, don’t be too quick to pray for God to remove your next obstructions or obstacles, it may be the very thing that God is using to help strengthen and develop you. 

Sing: He gives strength to me, as I worship Him, as my heart is filled with praise.  Jesus breaks the bands, when I raise my hands, He gives glorious victory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment