Thursday, January 5, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Jan 5

 This Is Not the Life I Chose; It Chose Me

 “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” (John 15:16)

Today’s Morsel: Stop and consider the title here for a moment. Now, consider this, Jesus Christ came to give us life and that more abundantly. He has given us His Spirit, without it we are none of His (Romans 8:9). Paul told the church at Ephesus: And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:1-7) I don’t know about you, but being a minister of the gospel was never on my radar screen when I was a teen or young adult. But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, chose me, and gave me a new life and put me in the ministry. And because of this new life and love, I accept the responsibility and am committed to living out this new life that He has given me and I am committed to bearing fruit. What about you?  He has chosen you, are you committed to answering your calling?

 

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shores; very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more.  But the master of the seas heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me, love lifted me when nothing else could help, love lifted me.  Love lifted me, love lifted me when nothing else could help, love lifted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment