Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 December 2021

 Teach Christ

“This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness”
(Ephesians 4:17-24)

 

Today’s Morsel:  It appears that the world wants you to think that everything is run by aliens and superheroes.  Dads and moms are no longer their children’s superheroes, it appears they are becoming aliens to them.  And the make-believe heroes are becoming their children’s real superheroes.  Paul admonished the church at Corinth, “ But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.(2 Corinthians 11:3)  Eve told God that the serpent deceived her.  And he hasn’t stopped deceiving.  As Paul said about the last days, “But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.(2 Timothy 3:13) Remember, Satan is out to get the next generation.  If he can get your children and grandchildren, and cause them to turn against you, it can shake your faith.  I think it may be time that you teach your children and grandchildren who they are to be in Christ so that Satan does not deceive them and get an advantage over you.  


Sing:  Change my heart, O’ God, make it ever true; change my heart O’ God, may I be like You.  You are the Potter, I am the clay, mold me and make me, this is what I pray.  Change my heart, O’ God, make it ever true; change my heart O’ God, may I be like You.

 

Thought For Today: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.(Proverbs 22:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment