Saturday, December 18, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 December 2021

 Behold He Cometh


And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing. The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
  
(John 1:25-29)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things I always liked about Christmas as a kid living in the south was that each year our cousins who lived in the north would come home for the holidays. It was always good to see them.  And I can remember one Christmas, our cousin from Hawaii came home and that was a great surprise.  Like the woman at the well, in John chapter 4, people were looking for the Messiah to come but they were taken by surprise.  John the Baptist had told them that Jesus was coming.  He stated, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose… The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  Would you recognize Him if you saw Him coming?  John again wrote, “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.(1 John 3:2-3)  If we are going to be like him, then we ought to be able to recognize him.  My sheep, Jesus said, know my voice and I am known of them.   He’s coming, so don’t get taken by surprise when He shows up.

 

Sing:  O my brother are you ready for the call?  To crown your Savior King and Lord of all.  The kingdoms of this world, shall soon before Him fall.  We shall see the King when He comes.

We shall see the King, we shall see the King, we shall see the King when He comes.  He’s coming in His power, we’ll hail the blessed hour; we shall see the King when He comes.

 

Thought For Today:Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.(Psalms 118:26)

No comments:

Post a Comment