Friday, December 24, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 December 2021

 The Clear Night

“And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.” (Luke 2:8-14)

Today’s Morsel:  I have always loved my early morning walks before the morning light appears.  I can even remember during my Army days when we would be out in the field for training, and even during wartime, I would look skyward on a clear night and see the beauty of the stars and moon, and I would think to myself how majestic and beautiful it was.  Every so often I would see a shooting star and I would think to myself, I wonder if that was an angel.  Scripture says that the shepherds were keeping watch over their flock by night and, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid.  And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.  It was a night for them as never before.  A message of hope, joy, peace, and salvation was delivered to them for all men.  And to think that message is still for everyone today.  Behold, I bring you tidings of great joy!

Sing:  It came upon a midnight clear, That glorious song of old; From angels bending near the earth, To touch their harps of gold: “Peace on the earth, goodwill toward men, From heaven’s all gracious king:” The world in solemn stillness lay, To hear the angels sing.

Thought For Today:  Look up for your redemption draweth nigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment