Saturday, October 24, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 October 2020

 

Tomorrow

 

Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

 (James 4:13-15)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the unknowns about life is tomorrow. We all like to make plans for tomorrow, but what if tomorrow never comes?  I hear many folks who are now saying, I never thought that 2020 would turn out like this.  Many had great plans for 2020.  But 2019 ended and 2020 proved to be a year of disaster, pain, and sorrow for many.  James tells us that we do not know what shall be on tomorrow.  For our lives are but vapors that appear for a little time, and then vanish away.  James said that we ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. God’s will must always be considered because He is the giver of life and He is the giver of the day.  If it is His will, we will see tomorrow.  But if not, then what?  Do you know who holds tomorrow? Then just live for the day and let Him worry about tomorrow. 

 

Sing:  I don’t know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day; I don’t borrow from its sunshine, for its skies may turn to gray.  I don’t worry over the future, For I know what Jesus said; and today I’ll work beside Him, for He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow, I don’t seem to understand; but I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds my hand.

 

Thought For Today: Tomorrow is not promised.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Brother Parker very will said! Love your Morning Manna devotionals! Thanks again! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete