Monday, October 19, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 October 2020

 

The Christian Walk

 

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light

(Colossians 1:10-12)

 

Today’s Morsel:  How we walk says a lot about who we are.  If I walk with my head down all the time, people will say that I am depressed or despondent.  If I walk with my pants sagging around my buttocks, people will say that I am thug, rebellious, or a rebel.  If I walk with a stroll or strut, people will say that I am prideful.  Our walk says a lot about who we are.   Paul instructs us to walk in the Spirit so that we do not fulfill the lust of our flesh (Galatians 5:16).  To walk in the Spirit is to walk according to God’s word and the way that Jesus walked.  If we say that we are in the truth, then our walk (our life, actions, and conduct), should reflect that truth.  Again, Paul states, “That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.”  How do we walk worthy of the Lord so that we please Him?   Well, we know that without faith we cannot please God.  Therefore, we must walk by faith in Him; walk after His Spirit, and according to His Word, and in His ordinances; and have our conversation as becoming His Gospel. How are you walking?

 

Sing: Just to walk with Him, means everything to me.  Just to know He's near His hand is leading me.  Though the world pass me by go their way, let me be.  Just to walk with Him means everything to me.

 

Thought For Today:  Always do everything to please God. Even your walk (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment