Monday, October 12, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 October 2020

 

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

 

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.(Psalms 121:1-8)

 

Today’s Morsel: Living along on the bluffs here in La Crosse, Wisconsin, some mornings the moon and star catch the bluffs just right when I am out on my early morning physical training program and it draws my attention skyward and today's Psalm immediately comes to my attention. “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.”  What an awesome passage of scripture to inspire and encourage the saints of God.  It is a continual reminder of where our help comes from.  The Lord says through the prophet Isaiah, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.(Isaiah 41:10)  The Lord is our helper, and the writer of the book Hebrews encourages us, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.(Hebrews 4:16)  Do you need help today? Then lift up your eyes to Jesus, call upon His name, and seek His help for whatever you are facing.  You will find He is there for you.

 

Sing:  Turn your eyes upon Jesus.  Look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

 

Thought For Today:  Don’t ever lose sight of where your help comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment