Saturday, August 22, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 August 2020

Recompense

 

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

(Psalms 116:12)

 

Today’s Morsel:  How much would you say that you are indebted to God for all that He has done for you?  If you had to pay Him for all the things that He has done for you, what would you owe?  Most folks never consider all the things that God does for them, and therefore they never consider recompensing Him for anything that He does.  Even in the church, most folks do not consider God’s benefits.  The psalmist says that he daily loads us with benefits (Psalms 68:19).  Having that understanding, shouldn’t they recompense Him for that?  The psalmist continues with these words: Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.(Psalms 103:2-5)  Even though God needs nothing, a little thanks for what He does do for us may keep the benefit door open.

 

Sing:  Bless the Lord, O’ my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.  I will bless the Lord, O’ my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name.  For He has done great things, He has done great things, He has done great things, bless His holy name.

 

Thought For Today: Give unto the Lord the glory due His name!


No comments:

Post a Comment