Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19

Run

 

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.(1 Corinthians 9:24)

 

Today’s Morsel:  In 1935, Jesse Owens made sporting history when he broke five world records and equaled a sixth in the space of 45 minutes.  One of those world records, 8.13 meters in the long jump, would last for 25 years. At the 1936 Berlin Games, Owens won four gold medals, in the 100 meter, 200 meter, 4x100 meter relay, and the long jump.  He managed to break or equal nine Olympic records and set three world records.  One of those world records was in the 4x100m relay.  The quartet set a time that would not be bettered for 20 years.  Paul said that all run in a race, but one receives the prize, so run, that ye may be the winner.  But no man can win if he does not enter and begin the run.  The same is true with getting to heaven.  If one never begins or enters the race, he cannot expect to cross the finish line as a victor.  Have you started to run yet?

 

Sing:  Running for my life, I’m running for my life. Running for my life, I’m running for my life.  If anybody asks you, what’s the matter with me.  Tell them that I’m saved sanctified, Holy Ghost filled, water baptized, I've got Jesus in my life and I’m running for my life.

 

Thought For Today:  You must be present to win.


No comments:

Post a Comment