Friday, August 21, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 August 2020

Able To Handle Afflictions

 

“This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.” 

(Psalms 119:50)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about afflictions is they will either strengthen you or destroy you, depending how you look at them and deal with them when they come into your life.  What I often find more often than not is that they strengthen me.  They strengthen my faith.  They give me wisdom, knowledge, instructions, and understanding. The psalmist said, “This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.”  When we understand God’s word and the application of it, we can usually see how to get through our afflictions when they come.  As Job stated in his dilemma, “My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.(Job 23:11-12)  We have the same unfailing source of comfort, the truth of God; and notwithstanding what may occur, we still make God and His law the source of our happiness.  Better eat your Wheaties!

 

Sing:  Standing on the promises that can not fail, listening every moment to the Spirit’s call.  Resting in my Savior, as my all and all; standing on the promises of God.

Standing, standing, standing on the promises of God my Savior.  Standing, standing, I’m standing on the promises of God.

 

Thought For Today:Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.(Psalms 37:4)


No comments:

Post a Comment