Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 August 2020

Shepherd’s Pie

 

“Then shall they know that I am the LORD, when I have laid the land most desolate because of all their abominations which they have committed. Also, thou son of man, the children of thy people still are talking against thee by the walls and in the doors of the houses, and speak one to another, every one to his brother, saying, Come, I pray you, and hear what is the word that cometh forth from the LORD. And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not. And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them.” (Ezekiel 33:29-33)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of my favorite meals that I like to cook is Shepherd’s Pie.  I do not think any of it gets left or disposed of because it was not good.  When Jesus told His disciples, "I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves," we often think that He is referring to saints being attacked, persecuted, or hated by Satan and others in the world.  But what if He meant that His ministers and those serving Him would be going forth into a cold, unfriendly, and cruel church to be made into shepherd’s pie, to be eaten up by the saints?  The Lord told Ezekiel that all he was to the people was one with a pleasant voice and as one who could play well on an instrument.  But they were not obeying the word that he was saying.  He said they are talking about you in their houses, but they are not doing a word you are saying.  He said but when their calamity comes because they are not doers of the word, then they will know that a prophet had been among them (My wording).  Do you hear and do what your pastor tells you from the word of God?  Jesus even told His disciples regarding the Pharisees and Sadducees, do not do as they do, but do as they say.  If all we are is only hearers of God’s word and not doers, are we part of the wolf pack?  We must always do what God’s word says.

 

Sing:  Thy a word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thy a word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

When I feel afraid and I think I have lost my way, still You’re there right beside me.  Nothing will I fear as long as You are near, please be with me to the end.

Thy a word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thy a word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

 

Thought For Today: But be thou a doer and not just a hearer.


No comments:

Post a Comment