Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 August 2020

Listen Up

 

But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.” 

(Matthew 13:8-9)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the greatest lessons I learned in the army was that of how to listen. When they wanted to give out information to us, they would say, Eye’s right here (Pointing unto themselves), and then they would say Listen up.   Then they would give us the information and follow it up with questions on what they had just said. They wanted to make sure that we understood and were listening.  You could brush off what was said and not listen, but if it was something we were supposed to do and did not, we learned quickly the consequences.  In the book of Revelation chapters 2 and 3, speaking to the Seven Churches, after Jesus speaking with them says, "he that hath an ear let him hear what the spirit is saying unto the church."  I find that so often this is what many do in the church today.  They have ears but they do not hear. They go forth and do nothing that you tell them to do. There is an old saying, “I know you think that you understood what I said, but I’m not for sure that you understood what I meant.”  They fail to realize that Jesus awards obedience, not disobedience.  Good listeners usually have a good heart, can easily repeat the things said to them, follow through with what is asked of them or that they are supposed to do, are filled with joy, and know what is going on.  Are you a good listener?

 

Sing: I hear the sound of mighty rushing wind, and it's closer now, then it's ever been.  I can almost hear the trumpet, as Gabriel sounds the call, and at the Midnight Cry, we’ll be going home.

When Jesus steps out on the cloud to call His children, the dead in Christ shall rise to meet him in the air.  And those that shall remain shall be quickly changed, at the Midnight Cry, we’ll be going home.

 

Thought For Today: My sheep know my voice and I am known of them (Jesus) 


No comments:

Post a Comment