Friday, August 14, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 August 2020

All Things Are Alike

 

All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that sweareth, as he that feareth an oath.(Ecclesiastes 9:2)

 

Today’s Morsel:  What I have come to learn and to love about God is that His ways are equal and fair.  If a wicked man is rich, there is a godly man that is rich.  If there is a wicked man that is poor, there is a godly man that is poor. If there is an unchurched man speeds he can get a ticket, so can a man who attends church if he speeds.  If it rains on the wicked man, it rains on the godly man too.  All things come alike to all.  The wick man dies and so does the godly man.  The Lord said through the prophet Ezekiel, “Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?(Ezekiel 18:25-29)  Salvation is available to all.  God is faithful. He cannot change who He is.

 

Sing:  He’s been faithful, faithful to me, His love and mercy I see.  In my heart I have questioned, even failed to believe, yet He’s been faithful, faithful, to me.

 

Thought For Today:  I am the Lord, I change not!


1 comment: