Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 October 4

“For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live. Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee” (Proverbs 4:3-9).

Today’s Morsel:  If you could put your finger on the number one things that your parents taught you that have kept you on the right path, what would it be?  Today, so many seem to be void of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.  I often ask myself why, when she (wisdom) is everywhere.  “Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice? She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths. She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors. Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man” (Proverbs 8:1-4).  If she is calling, shouldn’t we answer? The first principle to a good life is found in obtaining wisdom.

Sing: Give me joy in my soul, joy in my soul, give me joy in my soul I pray; give me joy in my soul, hallelujahs then will roll, until the break of day.

Thought For Today:  Wisdom is the principal thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment