Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 October 11

“The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked. Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins” 
(Proverbs 10:11-12).

Today’s Morsel:  The spirit of Esau seems to be on the rise again throughout the world.  Esau hated his birthright and he hated his brother Jacob after he gave it to him. There seems to be so much hate in our world today.  Even in conversations we hear people saying “I hate.”  “I hate to tell you this, but......”; “I hate to be the bearer of bad news ...”; “I hate her”; “I hate him”; “I hate that place”; “I hate even going there”; “I hate that smell.”  Doesn’t scripture tell us that life and death are in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21)?  Paul said that we should put away this kind of language as it is not of Christ.  It’s time that we kill hatred from our lives so that we are able to reflect His light to a lost and dying world.  Remember that God hates the sin, not the sinner.

Sing:  Change my heart O’ God, make it ever true, change my heart O’ God, may I be like You.

Thought For Today: “Love covereth all sins.”

No comments:

Post a Comment