Monday, October 23, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 October 23

“Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said” (John 2:19-22)

Today’s Morsel:  Jesus' comments to the religious leaders of his day often took them by surprise because they failed to understand the meaning of what He was saying. For example, in today’s passage of scriptures, as He stood in the synagogue Jesus told them, “Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up again.”  They immediately thought that He was talking about the physical structure they were standing in.  They replied to him, "Forty-six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?"  What they were saying was that there is no way you can do this.  It took forty-six years to build this place and you’re going to raise it up in three days?  Yeah, right. They failed to realize that Jesus wasn’t talking about the natural structure, but the temple that He was in, His body.  Paul said that we are the temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 6:19).  Jesus used many imageries in His teachings to speak of His resurrection.  But none so plain as when He told Martha, “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live” (John 11:25).  We have to understand the content in order to understand the meaning of what is being said in the Word of God.

Sing:  Go ahead, drive the nails in my hand; Laugh at me where you stand; Go ahead and say it isn’t me; the day will come when you will see!  Cause I’ll rise again; Ain’t no power on earth can tie me down; Yes, I’ll rise again, death can’t keep me in the ground!

Thought For Today: Don’t stay down in your situation more than three days or you will start stinking (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment