Saturday, October 28, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 October 28

“As a bird that wandereth from her nest, so is a man that wandereth from his place” (Proverbs 27:8)

Today’s Morsel: I’m sorry to say this, but we just have too many men out of place.  I’m not taking anything from the woman, but we’ve just got too many men out of place. Prisons and jails are full of too many men out of place for doing wrong things. The workforce and military are being filled with women while men are sitting home in their “Man Caves”.  We have men sitting home being the full-time caregivers while the women are slaving in the heat of the day.  After Saul was anointed to be King of Israel, they couldn’t find him, because scripture said that God said, he was hiding behind the stuff (1 Samuel 10:22).  When a man is out of place, the enemy gets the advantage.  When men are out of place, churches can’t continue at their full potential; homes are destroyed, wive’s and children are lonely, schools are lopsided, communities suffer, and military units suffer defeat after defeat comes loss in battle. When a bird wanders from her nest, it’s left to destruction by wild beast and mankind.  If her eggs and young are there, they too are vulnerable to serpents, beast, and the elements.  Solomon says the same holds true when a man is out of his place.  I must ask you today, "Are you in place today my brother?"

Sing: Glory, Hallelujah! I shall not be; Anchored in Jehovah, I shall not be moved.  Just like a tree that’s planted by the waters; I shall not be moved.
Chorus: I shall not be, I shall not be moved. I shall not be, I shall not be moved, just like a tree that's planted by the waters, I shall not be moved.  

Though all hell assails me, I shall not be moved, Jesus will not fail me, I shall not be moved, just like a tree, planted by the waters, I shall not be moved
Chorus: I shall not be, I shall not be moved. I shall not be, I shall not be moved, just like a tree that's planted by the waters, I shall not be moved.  

Thought For Today:  Stay in your place, Brother!

1 comment: