Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 October 31

I will lift up mine eyes unto the mountains: From whence shall my help come? My help cometh from Jehovah, Who made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel Will neither slumber nor sleep. Jehovah is thy keeper: Jehovah is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, Nor the moon by night. Jehovah will keep thee from all evil; He will keep thy soul. Jehovah will keep thy going out and thy coming in From this time forth and for evermore” (Psalms 121:1-8 - ASV)

Today’s Morsel:  I wanted to use a different version today to hopefully bring more enlightenment to your understanding.  The American Standard Version (ASV) uses the name Jehovah in-lieu of Lord.  Some people think the word Lord does not mean God, yet it is used in today's scripture to stress that everything as far as divine protection, provision, and progression in today’s passage comes from Jehovah, which is God.  The Old Testament writers knew that when they said Jehovah it left no doubt in anyone’s mind who they were referring to.  They could have stuck with the name LORD, as that too means God. As Isaiah recorded, “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it? Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships. I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King” (Isaiah 43:10-15 KJV).  No matter which name is used, all provisions, protections, and spiritual progressions come from Him.

Sing:  Jehovah Jireh, my provider, His grace is sufficient for me, for me, for me; Jehovah Jireh, my provider, His grace is sufficient for me.  My God shall supply all my needs, according to His riches and glory, He shall give His angels charge over me, Jehovah Jireh careth for me, for me, for me, Jehovah Jireh careth for me.

Thought For Today: Don’t sweat the small stuff. God’s got your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment