Tuesday, August 4, 2015

2015 August 4 - Morning Manna

He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour. (Proverbs 21:21)

Today's Morsel: So many young men and women are serving prison sentences because they were guilty by association.  They were following the wrong person.  I find it strange that so many people are so gullible when it comes to truth.  There are so many people with educational degrees that have no clue of truth.  They will take what a text book says as truth, but not what the Bible as truth.  And yet these same people say that they are Christians. The last time I checked, the Bible was still the book that  Christians believed as truth, and the only source of complete truth.  Solomon said, "He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour."  Therefore, if we follow Jesus, who causes us to be right and have mercy; we can find eternal life, learn how to do what is right, and receive honor from Him.  If you want honor from man, then follow the text books of education. But if you want honor from Jesus, then follow your Bible.  Who are you following for your source of truth?   

Sing: Jesus is the One who loves me, Jesus is the One who cares.  Jesus is the One who answers, every one of my prayers. I know He'll never leave me, I know He'll always be there, When I have my fears  and doubt, Jesus is the One who cares.

Thought for Today: "If you want honor from man, then follow the text books of education.  But if you want honor from Jesus, then follow your Bible"

2 comments:

  1. Truly thankful for the devotionals the Lord has given you daily! By the Lords will, I read them throughout the week! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rufus, did you write the song "Jesus Is The One Who Loves Me"? Just curious. Love the song and never knew who the composer was.

    ReplyDelete