Tuesday, August 11, 2015

2015 August 11 - Morning Manna

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalms 139:23-24)

Today's Morsel: I keep getting these letters in the mail telling me that it's time for me to bring my car in for service.  I'm glad for businesses that keep me informed of upcoming services due for my vehicle to help me prevent major problems later.  In so many ways, that's what the church is for.  Come in for a spiritual checkup and let Jesus The Fix-It Man tell you what is wrong before you have a major breakdown.  Sad to say, just like with their personal vehicles, many people do not go in for the required spiritual checks and services.  They just keep driving  themselves until they breakdown; and then the repairs are much more costly.  If we do not allow Jesus to service us now on a regular basis, it going to be costly in the end. "Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?" (Hebrews 2:1-4).  Service checks and repairs with Jesus are always free.  Do you need a tune-up?  Be sure to attend your local church regularly!

Sing:
1. God can fix it, He's A fix it man, He fixes souls and bodies all over this land, He said He'd return to His home on high, fix me a mansion up in the sky.

2. If every sinner in this fair land would take one trip to the fix it man, go to Him, get it fixed for free, it would cure our society.

3.  He fixes the black, He fixes the white, red, yellow brown; He fixes them right. He's not a respecter of persons you see, for that same Spirit He gave to me. 

4. God starts fixing me up inside, He said I'm looking for a place to abide. Give Me your heart and live by My plan and then you'll know I'm the fix it man.

Thought for Today: Jesus is the Fix-It Man, but you have to go in for service call.

No comments:

Post a Comment