Tuesday, August 25, 2015

2015 August 25 - Morning Manna

"LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly. Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah" (Psalms 3:1-8).

Today's Morsel:  Are you feeling a little overwhelmed about all the unrighteousness, indecency, debauchery, and uncleanliness in this land?  If we aren't careful, we can allow what the world is doing to cause us to be drawn into their foolishness and become troubled.  I don't know about you, but I've read The Book and I don't allow what this world is doing to affect me.  My focus is on Jesus because that is where my help comes from. Daily will I seek Him.  David found himself being troubled by many. But he cautions and encourages us that God protected and defended him.  And so David said, I will lay me down and sleep for the Lord will sustain him. We should not fret about the world, it is not our eternal home. If your stakes are down here, you'll be troubled with your surroundings.  But if your heart is set on your eternal home, that New Jerusalem, you'll be at peace and have contentment even in this present world.

Sing: Peace, peace, wonderful peace; coming down from the Father above. Sweep over my spirit forever I pray, in fathomless billows of love.

Thought for Today:  Inability to sleep because of a troubled mind, means your focus is on the wrong thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment