Monday, August 24, 2015

2015 August 24 - Morning Manna

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. (Psalms 1:1-6)
  
Today's Morsel:  One of the things about serving God is that He wants us, His children, to be blessed.  If we say that we are His and we are still living with a "below the poverty line attitude and mentality" than we may not be following and obeying the scriptures.  I know that we brought nothing into this world and we can carry nothing out, but that doesn't mean that God's children are to be paupers.  I am not speaking a name-it-and-claim-it doctrine; yet the psalmist said in Psalm 37:25 "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."  I do think there is a stipulation though; David said, "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."  We must give ourselves completely to the word of God, and be obedient to it, and then we will see how blessed and highly favored of the Lord we are.  A blessed life is a fruit filled life.  Like the psalmist, I was young and now I am old(er) and I have never seen the righteous forsaken, and I have never seen His seed begging for bread.  God supplies His children's needs when they are obedient to His word and when they sow into His kingdom.

Sing: I am blessed, I am blessed, every day that I live I am blessed. When I wake up in the morning, till I lay my head to rest, I am blessed, I am blessed.

Thought for Today: The greatest blessing you can receive is remission of sins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment