Thursday, August 27, 2015

2015 August 27 - Morning Manna

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. (Psalms 34:1-8)

Today's Morsel: One of the things we like to do when we have guests in town, is to take them up on "Grand Dad's Bluff ".  From up there they can see three states at once; Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin.  Every once in a while when we go up, I will drop 50 cents into the machine to allow them to magnify their view of our city and the surrounding states.  David said, "O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together."  We know that God inhabits all space and so we cannot make Him any bigger than He already is.  But what we can do, is allow Him to be seen in a bigger way in our lives through our praise, worship, conduct, character,  and daily living.  This is what God desires and one of the reasons that I believe that Jesus said, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:16).  Do people see Him when they see you?

Sing:  O' magnify the Lord, for He is worthy to be praised, 
O' magnify the Lord, for He is worthy to be praised.  Hosanna! blessed be the Rock, blessed be the Rock of my salvation; Hosanna! blessed be the Rock, blessed be the Rock of my salvation.  

Thought for Today: Love still reflects Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment